Easy Rosemary Garlic Beef Skewers (15 Minutes!)
In the market for a 15-minute dinner?
Well happy hump-day to you!
This recipe is so simple that for once I’m actually going to be short and sweet. All you need for this dish is 5 ingredients, 15 minutes, and a love of red meat. If that sounds good to you, we’re in business.
Everyone knows summer is steak season, but grilling up the same old filet can get boring as hell. So when I’m totally over everything skirt, sirloin, and strip, kebabs are my go-to. They’re individually portioned, crazy cute, and SO fast to make.
Five minutes on the grill, and it’s dinnertime.
For those who don’t know, the fattier the cut of red meat, the more tender your results. So if you want to use something a little beefier than chuck steak, fine by me! But I like using this cut for a few reasons. The first is that it’s commonly pre-cut — you might see it labeled as “stew meat” — so it’s super easy to work with. If you can’t find it pre-cut, then it’ll be packaged in rectangular slabs ideal for cutting symmetrical cubes. And most important, “chuck” — as with “round” and “loin” — is synonymous with lean!
Point being: chuck beef = lean meat, and lean is what I was going for.
Regardless of what you choose, cut your beef into 3/4″ cubes, trying to be as precise as possible. Generously season with salt & pepper, then whip up a marinade of full-fat greek yogurt, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and rosemary. Spoon a few tablespoons over the meat, evenly coat, then marinate for 15 minutes. While it marinates, fire up the grill.
When you’re ready, thread the marinated meat along soaked bamboo skewers — the soaking prevents the bamboo from burning — then grill! Barely 2-3 minutes on either side, and you’re ready to eat.
Not only is the marinade bursting with garlicky, herbaceous flavor, but the full-fat yogurt + lemon really helps tenderize the lean chuck. Whatever marinade is leftover can be used for dipping — BIG dips are recommended — and you can pair this with almost anything!
Tomato and onion salad? Parsnip Fries? Grilled corn? Do it!!
There’s nothing these can’t handle. xo
Easy Rosemary Garlic Beef Skewers
- 1 lb extra-lean chuck beef, cut into precise 3/4″ cubes (or close to it!)
- a few pinches of salt & pepper
- 6 tbsps full-fat greek yogurt
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsps crushed or minced garlic
- 4 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed
- bamboo skewers for grilling
- Soak the bamboo skewers in warm water until needed.
- Place the beef in a mixing bowl, then generously coat with salt and pepper. In another mixing bowl, combine the greek yogurt, olive oil, garlic, and rosemary, whisking until smooth. Add 2 – 3 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture to the beef, stirring to evenly coat. Let it marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Pre-heat your outdoor grill to high heat.
- When ready, tightly thread the beef along the bamboo skewers so that the meat touches and there’s an even amount of skewer exposed on both ends. Grill for 2-3 minutes on either side until seared and cooked to a medium-rare finish, then immediately plate and serve! Pair with the remaining yogurt marinade for dipping.