Fresh Fruit Tartlets
One of my favorite things about summer is taking advantage of all the fruits and vegetables that are in season. From blackberries and cherries to peppers and avocados, summer is the perfect time to eat fresh. I try and incorporate some seasonal delights into every meal I make, and dessert is no exception. The key to a healthy dessert is a combination of simple ingredients and sensible portions. With this in mind, I created a dish that would satisfy my sweet tooth without stretching my waistline. As an added bonus, this dessert can easily be made for a dinner party, book club, or any social gathering with multiple guests. Let’s take a look at my Fresh Fruit Tartlets.
Fresh Fruit Tartlets with Graham Cracker Crust
- 3 Graham Cracker Sheets, broken in half
- 3 tbsps Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 ½ tsps Whipping Cream
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ cup Raspberries & Pomegranate Seeds (or any berry of your choice!)
- Honey & Cinnamon to taste
- Take mascarpone out of refrigerator and allow to soften for 5 – 10 minutes. When ready, spoon cheese into small bowl, then combine with whipping cream, sugar, and sea salt. Stir vigorously until a cream cheese like texture is made. Set aside.
- Break graham cracker sheets in half to create six squares, then use butter knife to apply a generous layer of mascarpone spread onto each square. Next, sprinkle cinnamon and drizzle honey onto each cracker. Finally, top with fruit of your choice, decorating serving plate with cinnamon & honey as desired. Serve immediately for best results.