No-Bake Frozen S’mores Bars
This recipe is what summer dreams are made of.
What’s great about these no-bake frozen s’mores bars is that they’re legitimately easy to make. Even if you’ve never baked cookies, iced a cake, or even scooped ice cream, you can handle this. So let’s get into it asap.
You start by gently greasing a rimmed baking sheet — 12″ x 8″ x 2″– then lining with parchment paper. Aside from skillet recipes, I normally avoid recipes that are too specific to baking apparatuses. Not everyone has the same equipment, and I strongly feel that good dishes should be accessible to all. But for these bars you MUST use a baking sheet that’s 2″ deep, with roughly the same length and width I referenced. This ensures that your bars will have the ideal ratio of graham cracker-marshmallow-chocolate, which is a very important thing.
With that settled, it’s time to prep. Pulse graham crackers in your food processor until ground to crumbs, then slowly pour in melted butter until evenly coated. Transfer the buttered crumbs to the baking sheet, using the back of a spoon to spread into a thick, even layer. Pop into the freezer, scroll Insta for 20 minutes, then get back to work.
When you’re ready, vigorously combine marshmallow fluff + cool whip until incorporated and smooth. I did this a wooden spoon for a killer bicep-workout (#summerbod), but if you care to go the lazier route, an electric hand-mixer or stand-mixer with the whisk attachment will work too. Use a spatula to spread this mixture over the frozen graham cracker crumbs, return to the freezer, then prepare the ganache.
In a small saucepan warm heavy cream + chocolate chunks until silky smooth, then lastly pour over the marshmallow filling. Sprinkle some leftover graham cracker crumbs on top, then finally freezer for 8 hours or overnight. The waiting is painfully hard for this one, but trust me — it’s worth it. Once completely frozen, slice into roughly 1″ x 4″ bars, then eat! While slicing these might get a bit sloppy, but like any good s’more it’s all part of the fun.
I strongly recommend eating these immediately out of the freezer, so I like to slice them, re-freeze a bit, then serve to enjoy. And before you mention it, I KNOW this is an annoying amount of back-and-forth with the damn freezer. But when you dig into that perfect bite of buttery graham cracker, creamy cool marshmallow, and fudgey chocolate, prepare for amazement.
It’s frozen, it’s fabulous, it’s S’MORES. So get ready to enjoy every sticky, silky, sinful bite. Xo
No-Bake Frozen S'mores Bars
- 14 oz graham crackers
- 1 cup salted butter, melted
- 8 oz Cool Whip (I used “lite”, but feel free to go with regular!)
- 7 oz marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- graham cracker crumbs to garnish
- shortening to grease
- Gently grease a 12″ x 8″ x 2″ baking sheet with shortening, then line with parchment paper.
- In a food processor grind the graham crackers into crumbs, then add in the melted butter. Blend until the crumbs are evenly coated, then transfer to the bottom of the parchment-lined baking sheet, using the back of a spoon to spread them into an even, smooth layer. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- When ready, using a wooden spoon, electric hand mixer, or the whisk attachment to a stand mixer, combine the Cool Whip and marshmallow fluff until incorporated. Use a spatula to layer this mixture over the frozen graham crackers, then return to the freezer.
- Lastly, in a small saucepan warm the heavy cream over a medium flame, then whisk in the chocolate chunks until smooth. Pour over the marshmallow layer, sprinkle with extra graham cracker crumbs, then freeze for 8 hours or overnight! When completely frozen, slice into roughly 4″ x 1″ bars, then return to freezer for at least 20 minutes. Eat immediately upon thawing!