Summer Harvest Greek Yogurt Smoothies, Three Ways!
This post has been sponsored Dannon. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
The middle of summer usually means a few things.
1 – I’m extremely tan.
2 – I’m ready for a vacation.
3 – I am completely sick of grilling.
When the weather gets scorching hot, the mere thought of cooking makes me cringe. So when I need a healthy, lean, protein-packed meal without relying on heat, I start whipping up smoothies. They’re a refreshing, COOL, tasty-as-hell treat that doesn’t mess with your summer eating routine.
It’s like a milkshake, but healthy.
Like every woman who’s 25+ (this is my official age) Greek yogurt is a major part of my eating routine. There’s a lot of brands to choose from, but Dannon® Oikos® Triple Zero is my favorite. Not only does it contain no added sugar, minimal net carbs – it has fiber! most Greek yogurts don’t – and tastes amazing, the flavor options are incredible.
Coconut Crème? Chocolate? Salted Caramel?!
Their variety of tastes allows me to mix up my diet while staying cool, so they’re kind of my secret weapon. When I need a quick snack or a light breakfast I’ll simply eat a single-serve cup on its own. Or if I’m craving a mid-week dessert, an Oikos Triple Zero + cacao nibs really does the trick. But when I need a meal that’s fresh AND super-filling, I start making smoothies.
Since everyone’s ideal smoothie is a little different, I wanted to offer up variety with this post. So rather than show you just one smoothie recipe, I’m giving you THREE! Each can easily be customized to fit your own tastes and cravings, so consider them a guideline. A little creativity goes a long way in the smoothie game, so don’t be afraid to get experimental.
I decided to work with three flavors that I felt had the most mass-appeal — Vanilla, Chocolate, and Mixed Berry. Each flavor is frozen in ice cube trays, making for easy handling when it’s time to prep your smoothie. Simply pop out a few cubes of frozen Oikos Triple Zero, add fruit + milk, and blend! You can use any kind of milk here, so whether you prefer almond, soy, coconut, or skim, do what’s best for you.
My final smoothie results were as follows:
Strawberry Crème Smoothie
Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
Berry Power Smoothie
The strawberry crème is a combination of frozen strawberries, frozen raspberries, frozen banana, Oikos Triple Zero Vanilla, and milk. The taste is deliciously creamy and bright (that color!!), so if you’re a strawberry cheesecake lover, this smoothie is absolutely for you.
Next up is the chocolate banana peanut butter smoothie, which is the most decadent of all three. Made with frozen bananas, medjool dates, peanut butter, Oikos Triple Zero Chocolate, and milk, the results are undeniably rich, satisfying, and THICK. The dates add major texture here, and you guys know how I feel about texture. #obsession
Lastly is the berry power smoothie, which is equal parts bold + refreshing. A simple combination of frozen blueberries, acai, Oikos Triple Zero Mixed Berry, and milk, this is my favorite smoothie for breakfast. It’s refreshing and crisp without weighing me down, so it’s the perfect choice to start my day.
Regardless of which smoothie you make – why not all three?! – you seriously can’t go wrong. Each is packed with healthy antioxidants, loads of protein, natural sugars + carbohydrates (aka: the good stuff), and insanely delicious flavor. Sneak in a touch of hemp or pea protein for an added zinger, or just make them as is!
To get started, snag this coupon from Walmart for you Oikos Triple Zero purchase. xo
Summer Harvest Greek Yogurt Smoothies, Three Ways
- STRAWBERRY CRÈME SMOOTHIE:
- 1 single-serve Dannon Oikos Triple Zero Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup frozen banana slices
- ¾ cup almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- CHOCOLATE BANANA PEANUT BUTTER SMOOTHIE:
- 1 single-serve Dannon Oikos Triple Zero Chocolate Greek yogurt
- 2 cups frozen banana slices
- 1 cup medjool dates, pits removed
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 2 tbsps cacao nibs (optional)
- BERRY POWER SMOOTHIE:
- 1 single-serve Dannon Oikos Triple Zero Mixed Berry Greek yogurt
- 1 (3.5 oz) frozen acai packet
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup almond milk (or any milk of your choice
- For each smoothie, evenly spoon the Dannon Oikos Triple Zero Greek yogurt into ice cube trays, then freeze for at least 3 hours until completely solid. One single-serve cup should render about 8 cubes.
- When ready, combine all smoothie ingredients in a high-powered blender, then blend until smooth. Drink!