Sun-dried Tomato Goat Cheese Dip (+ VIDEO!)
The holiday season is my favorite time of year to throw a party.
While summer soirées against a skyline sunset are obviously fabulous, there’s something extra special about a Christmastime fête. They’re all good cheer, festive decor, and lots and lots of booze. So when I throw my Christmas party this upcoming Saturday night, there will be a few guarantees. Among them are a meticulously decorated tree, jovial knickknacks galore, and me being completely behind schedule.
Punctuality has been on my wish-list for years.
But in-between my imaginary panic attacks I’ll manage to put together a killer food spread, and this sun-dried tomato goat cheese dip will definitely be included.
The problem with entertaining in NYC is that there’s NO ROOM. I enjoy a sizable 1-bedroom, but in reality this still means that my kitchen, dining, and living space are one. So when faced with these sort of urban confines, I’ve found that serving hot appetizers is not conducive to party success. Instead, what a well-lit crowd needs is a selection of posh little apps that can withstand a party’s duration. This means giant charcuterie boards with cheese, some light salty snacks — chex mix, fun popcorn, that kinda thing — and a bunch of badass dips.
This dip can be made a few days ahead of schedule, so it’s perfect for hosting or bringing something as a guest. It also requires absolutely no cooking, needs just SIX ingredients, and tastes awesome straight from the fridge or at room temperature.
Basically, it’s party perfect.
The taste here is very straight-forward, as you probably guessed — Savory sun-dried tomatoes, creamy, luscious goat cheese, and a pleasing texture that pairs well with any number of sides. I’ve dived into this with crackers, pretzels, and even celery, and all of them tasted boss. Plus, it’s pretty to present! Get creative with tons of crumbled goat cheese, fresh rosemary, and heavy drizzles of EVOO.
It’s a flexible, fun, and easy, so consider this your new entertaining go-to.
And for all my party-hosting deets, watch my Instagram story this weekend!! You can follow me at @wrytoasteats. xo
Sun-dried Tomato Goat Cheese Dip
- 5 oz julienne sun-dried tomatoes (raw, not in oil)
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- a pinch of salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsps low-fat sour cream
- 5 oz goat cheese (at room temperature)
- fresh rosemary to garnish
- crackers for serving
- In food processor combine the sun-dried tomatoes, EVOO, oregano, rosemary, and salt & pepper, pulsing well until chunky. Next add the sour cream and goat cheese, then blend for approximately 5 – 6 minutes until smooth. Add another splash of EVOO at this stage if you’d like the dip a bit thinner.
- When ready, plate dip with crumbled goat cheese, more sun-dried tomatoes, fresh rosemary, and extra drizzles of EVOO. This keeps well in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 days and can be served cold or at room temperature.