Warm Avocado Ranch Kale Salad
Prepare to fall completely in love with this salad.
It’s warm, cozy, hearty, amazing. And best of all? Showered in HOMEMADE avocado ranch dressing!
Let’s do this. avocado ranch kale salad
For the first time in ages I’m really, truly, working on my fitness. And as part of that routine, my eating has been cleaned up too. Lower carbs, healthier fats, more green shit…. you know the drill. But luckily a big part of it are delicious bowls like this, which make healthy eating easier (and more enjoyable) than ever!
You begin by roasting thinly sliced tomatoes with a touch of salt + sugar, then prepare a big ‘ole serving of quinoa. While these cook, in a food processor blend avocado, greek yogurt, lemon juice, ranch seasoning, olive oil, and skim milk until smooth. The skim milk helps thin this dressing without overpowering it with oil. And as for the ranch seasoning? Go as heavy as you’d like!
Start with my recommendation (2 tbsps) then taste-test from there to see if you want to add more.
With the dressing prepped, add several tablespoons to a bowl of torn tuscan kale, tossing until lightly coated. When ready, immediately pour the hot cooked quinoa over the kale, tossing again until incorporated. Cover the mixing bowl with saran wrap or a lid to keep warm until serving.
At this point you can serve the salad as is, but the best way to eat it is topped with poached eggs! I swear by the Tasting Table method for poached eggs, it produces perfect results EVERY time and is so quick and easy too. It’s an extra little step to do this, but the results are so worth it.
Because runny yolk is life, no? Warm Avocado Ranch Kale Salad
With all your ingredients prepped and ready, build your salads with an equal distribution of kale/quinoa, tomatoes, pepitas, queso fresco, tortilla chips, and egg. Savory, creamy, a touch spicy, and wildly wholesome, this is the salad you’re going to be craving all winter long. Xo
Warm Avocado Ranch Kale Salad
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced thick
- 2 – 3 tsps extra virgin olive oil
- a few pinches of sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup red quinoa, uncooked
- 10 oz tuscan kale, chopped and stems removed
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup roasted & salted pepitas
- 4 – 6 oz queso fresco
- tortilla strips/chips
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup low-fat greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsps ranch seasoning
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup skim milk (I used 2%)
- Pre-heat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with a fitted wire rack.
- On a cutting board lay out the sliced tomatoes. Use a pastry brush to coat each with olive oil on either side, then sprinkle with sugar and salt. Transfer to the lined baking sheet, then roast on oven middle rack for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa as directed. At the same time, in a food processor combine all dressing ingredients and pulse until smooth.
- Place the kale in a large mixing bowl. Add several tablespoons of the avocado ranch dressing, tossing until generously coated. When ready, immediately pour the hot cooked quinoa over the kale, tossing again until incorporated. Cover the mixing bowl with saran wrap or a lid to keep warm until needed.
- Poach your eggs according to the Tasting Table method, which I use EVERY time I poach eggs! It works flawlessly. You can also fry your eggs if you prefer.
- Separate the kale into three or four bowls, then top with an even distribution of roasted tomatoes, egg, pepitas, queso fresco, and tortillas chips. Serve with leftover dressing on the side.
Avocado Ranch Kale Salad