No-Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream
Did I actually make ice cream in the middle of October?
Yes I did.
And when you read how INSANELY easy it is to make, you’ll be diving into some too.
For me, ice cream is a 24/7, 365 situation. I’m that person who will house Ben & Jerry’s in the dead of January. And I’m also the idiot who walked TEN BLOCKS in a blizzard for a freakin’ Choco Taco (true story). Basically, my ice cream cravings are a constant, year-round thing. And while I don’t always give into them — I’d be 300lbs — a lot of times I do. And so when I found myself craving pumpkin ice cream a few weeks back, I was tempted to run to Whole Foods and buy a $95 pint. But instead I saved some money, made it at home, and voila!
Best. Pumpkin. Ice Cream. Ever.
By now you’re very educated in my no-churn routine — see here for other creations! — so I’ll keep this quick. You start by combining sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin pie spice extract, and organic pumpkin puree, whisking until smooth. Add a touch of cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to this mixture, since plain pumpkin puree is bland AF. Once you’ve accomplished this, the recipe is practically done.
Next, pulse heavy cream in a food processor until a whipped texture takes shape, then gently fold into the pumpkin mixture. Once it’s smooth and even, transfer to a loaf pan, freeze for 8 hours, and that’s IT!
So simple, so fast, so insanely delicious.
What I love most about this ice cream is that the flavor is tremendously rich and robust. The combination of pumpkin pie spice extract + seasonings brings out the absolute BEST pumpkin puree has to offer, the taste is fresh, fragrant, and undeniably fall. The texture is reliably rich, smooth, and luscious, which obviously I love. But damn, that flavor.
I need a scoop right now just thinking of it.
If you want to add chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, fudge swirls, whatever to this ice cream, fine by me. I personally loved it plain, but I could see a little texture being fun too. But whatever path you choose, just make it!
I’ll make an ice cream addict out of you yet, trust. xo
No-Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tsps pumpkin pie spice extract
- 1 1/2 cups organic pumpkin purée
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- a pinch of salt
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- Line an 8” x 4” or 9” x 5” loaf pan with parchment paper. If your loaf pan is metal, no parchment paper is needed.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin spice extract, pumpkin purée, cinnamon, and nutmeg, whisking until smooth. Taste, then add a pinch of salt (you need VERY little, but it makes a difference).
- In a food processor gently pulse the heavy cream until a whipped texture takes shape, about 1 minute. Fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin milk mixture, then transfer to the loaf pan. Freeze for 8 hours/overnight, then eat! Saran wrap can be used to cover the loaf pan if you’d like.